Welcome to Connaught Fish & Chips
Connaught Fish and Chips has been in business continuously since 1930.
For the first 50 years we were located on the corner of King and Connaught. That explains our name. In 1980 the restaurant relocated to the corner of Main and Gage where we are currently. In 1930 our phone number was simply 'Garfield 4763'.
To clear up a common misconception about the neon thing on our sign. It is not a french fry. It is a whistle that remains from the 1950s and 1960s when there was a restaurant in this building called the 'Whistle Stop' (because of its proximity to the train tracks.)
Out of necessity we have had to reduce our hours of operation. We hope that we are able to serve everyone within this schedule.